Tempress navistyle high back seats

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wyatt

Reaction score
So I'm looking to upgrade the seats in my Bass Tracker since the previous owner installed the cheapest camo seats he could possibly find. I spent the whole year on them and I would rather sit on a bucket than these seats again.

Has anybody personally run these seats in their rig or sat in a buddy's on the water? I see that these seats have pretty rave reviews but I would personally like to hear from someone on here about their experience with them. How long have you owned them and how are they holding up? Hows the quality of stitching? I see that one common complaint is that it sits you too straight up. Did you find that as an issue and did you get use to it? Do these seats help you make friends at your local boat ramp? OK, yes, that last one was just for giggles.

I see that Bass Pro has these on sale right now for a few pennies shy of a hundred bucks. I can't find another online retailer that has these for under three digits. It will probably be a couple weeks before I'm able to make it to Bass Pro to see these seats in the flesh. Thanks for any input!

https://m.basspro.com/Tempress-High-Back-NaviStyle-Boat-Seat/product/30333/

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1455770390335.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1455770390335.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 932
I totally love mine! Had them for a year now. I've got back trouble and the high back on them has helped.

I have had mine for 5 years & would buy again in a heartbeat.Have had no problems & they are very comfortable.Well worth the money.

Well worth the $$, I put 'em on a previous Tracker I had, and very comfy, held up good. Sometimes you can get on sale, or some web sites have 'em for $100 or less.

Last time I looked at those seats at my local Academy Sports they were selling for $99 but that's been a while so prices may have changed.

BTW if you are considering ordering online with Basspro, check their math when they start adding up charges. Since they are offering free shipping on orders over 50, I thought I'd see what the cost of one of these seats would be. Well the seat was $99.97, their calculator estimated my tax at $11.79 and shipping at $20.95. So I proceed to checkout where my new total is $132.71. So now I go down and switch if from the $12.95 Standard shipping to the Free Economy shipping and my new total is $118.50. Now I'm no rocket scientist but I know that 12.95 from 132.71 is not 118.50, so there's some other "hidden" charge that came out of there also. Basically they are charging $14.21 if you go with their "$12.95 Standard shipping" option. And I'm also smart enough to know that my states tax rate is not 18.53% either, but that's evidently the rate they want to charge me for "taxes". So I have no idea how they are coming up with their numbers, but it ain't kosher.

I had a 1990 Ranger 330V I was restoring, I bought the wise brand with the aluminum frame and they lasted approximately 8 months. So I removed the original covers off of the original frames and found that the frames were built by Tempress. I called their customer service and found exact replacement frames which are the same that you bough basically. This was in 2007, I sold the boat in 2012 and I still see it out on the lake with the new owner at times and The frames are still holding up strong. I highly recommend tempress seat frames !!
Especially if your a little bigger than your average bear LOL
I cant speak to the covers since I had custom replicas made.

Thanks for the input everyone!
crazymanme2 said:
I have had mine for 5 years & would buy again in a heartbeat.Have had no problems & they are very comfortable.Well worth the money.
So the stitching has held up well? The reason I ask was because I was at Cabelas looking at their own branded seats the other night. I sat in their $99 seat and checked the stitching and you could see it stretching pretty good. I turned my head the other way quickly. I can't seem to find the manufacturer of the Cabela branded seats.
JMichael said:
Last time I looked at those seats at my local Academy Sports they were selling for $99 but that's been a while so prices may have changed.

BTW if you are considering ordering online with Basspro, check their math when they start adding up charges. Since they are offering free shipping on orders over 50, I thought I'd see what the cost of one of these seats would be. Well the seat was $99.97, their calculator estimated my tax at $11.79 and shipping at $20.95. So I proceed to checkout where my new total is $132.71. So now I go down and switch if from the $12.95 Standard shipping to the Free Economy shipping and my new total is $118.50. Now I'm no rocket scientist but I know that 12.95 from 132.71 is not 118.50, so there's some other "hidden" charge that came out of there also. Basically they are charging $14.21 if you go with their "$12.95 Standard shipping" option. And I'm also smart enough to know that my states tax rate is not 18.53% either, but that's evidently the rate they want to charge me for "taxes". So I have no idea how they are coming up with their numbers, but it ain't kosher.
I was planning on inspecting them and sitting in them before purchasing so yes, they will be bought in store but it will be a couple weeks before I do so. That does seem a little fishy! Thanks for the heads up though!

Bigwrench said:
I had a 1990 Ranger 330V I was restoring, I bought the wise brand with the aluminum frame and they lasted approximately 8 months. So I removed the original covers off of the original frames and found that the frames were built by Tempress. I called their customer service and found exact replacement frames which are the same that you bough basically. This was in 2007, I sold the boat in 2012 and I still see it out on the lake with the new owner at times and The frames are still holding up strong. I highly recommend tempress seat frames !!

One thing I am worried about it is the polypropylene hinges. My fishing partner is a fairly big man (320ish) while I'm a measly 170 soaking wet. Last year we were out every Saturday morning, weather pending, and I would go out solo during the week. These seats will be put through their paces so the plastic makes me weary. I've worked with PP before but not within the past 10 years probably. I'm sure the PP technology has come a long way since then and I'm overthinking this. Just don't want to drop 100 per seat with PP hinges since metal hinges are my comfort zone. Lol

Wyatt said:
Thanks for the input everyone!
crazymanme2 said:
So the stitching has held up well? The reason I ask was because I was at Cabelas looking at their own branded seats the other night. I sat in their $99 seat and checked the stitching and you could see it stretching pretty good. I turned my head the other way quickly. I can't seem to find the manufacturer of the Cabela branded seats.
JMichael said:

I was planning on inspecting them and sitting in them before purchasing so yes, they will be bought in store but it will be a couple weeks before I do so. That does seem a little fishy! Thanks for the heads up though!

Bigwrench said:

One thing I am worried about it is the polypropylene hinges. My fishing partner is a fairly big man (320ish) while I'm a measly 170 soaking wet. Last year we were out every Saturday morning, weather pending, and I would go out solo during the week. These seats will be put through their paces so the plastic makes me weary. I've worked with PP before but not within the past 10 years probably. I'm sure the PP technology has come a long way since then and I'm overthinking this. Just don't want to drop 100 per seat with PP hinges since metal hinges are my comfort zone. Lol
I've had these for a year and I weigh 270 lbs and have had no issues. I love these seats.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I've had mine for about 5 years. They have held up awesome. 2 complaints. One, they sit too up right, but I am going to very lightly trim the plastic stop on the back to solve that. And two, the foam is slightly soft. I prefer a little bit firmer foam, but I will not knock them; that is personal preference only.

The Tempress camo seats fade quickly.

I believe they are all made in the USA as well :)

vwguru714 said:
I've had these for a year and I weigh 270 lbs and have had no issues. I love these seats.

What's an extra 50 pounds then lol. Thank you!

turbotodd said:
I've had mine for about 5 years. They have held up awesome. 2 complaints. One, they sit too up right, but I am going to very lightly trim the plastic stop on the back to solve that. And two, the foam is slightly soft. I prefer a little bit firmer foam, but I will not knock them; that is personal preference only.

The Tempress camo seats fade quickly.

I believe they are all made in the USA as well :)

I have seen that some say they are too upright. Only one way to see is to try it out myself, right lol. Was the foam too soft starting with year one or has its firmness regressed since you purchased them? It's always better when it's made in the US!!

If the seat is too upright, you can buy one of the base plates that has 3 degrees of tilt to it.

https://www.cabelas.com/product/boating/boat-seats/pedestals-bases|/pc/104794380/c/104705280/sc/104492880/swivl-eze-pin-type-seat-mount/699920.uts?destination=%2Fcategory%2FPedestals-Bases%2F104492880.uts

Or you could get one of these. LoL

https://www.cabelas.com/product/boating/boat-seats/pedestals-bases|/pc/104794380/c/104705280/sc/104492880/springfield-kingpin-174-series-pedestals-mounts/738101.uts?destination=%2Fcategory%2FPedestals-Bases%2F104492880.uts

Very true. These will be used as the driver and passenger seats. I typically don't sit when I'm fishing from the bow. I get ansy and walk the whole deck.

Boss man said that we didn't have enough work to justify working overtime today so I made my trip to Bass Pro this morning to test them them out. These do sit very straight up but it was more comfortable than I was expecting. The PP hinges seem tough as nails as I gave them a good rough test at the store. So I purchased 2 of them in the color that I posted above. One downside I didnt notice til I got them home was that there are no mounting points for use on a piano hinge. I should be able to easily DIY a bracket to adapt it.

I will probably update this once I have them mounted and on the water.

JMichael said:
If the seat is too upright, you can buy one of the base plates that has 3 degrees of tilt to it.

https://www.cabelas.com/product/boating/boat-seats/pedestals-bases|/pc/104794380/c/104705280/sc/104492880/swivl-eze-pin-type-seat-mount/699920.uts?destination=%2Fcategory%2FPedestals-Bases%2F104492880.uts

Or you could get one of these. LoL

https://www.cabelas.com/product/boating/boat-seats/pedestals-bases|/pc/104794380/c/104705280/sc/104492880/springfield-kingpin-174-series-pedestals-mounts/738101.uts?destination=%2Fcategory%2FPedestals-Bases%2F104492880.uts

I have the 3 degree baseplate, and I put washers between the baseplate and the seat to set it back even more but it's still too upright. I am going to trim the hinge stop so help lay the seat back a little, then remove the washers. I thought the 3° would fix it but it doesn't change the fact that they're just a goofy "straight up" seat back, it just lays the entire seat back a little which still feels goofy.

Latest posts