Newbie Question

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

finniki

Reaction score
Hi All

I'm new to this site. My son and picked up a 14' aluminum and want to do a conversion on it. (hopefully get some quality time together).

Questions are..
1. If we remove the centre seat do we beef up the sides with a bracket or something. We would really like to cut out the middle if at all possible and have 2 smaller spots for guests etc.. (all the foam would go back in another void i.e up at bow)
2. Make a deck at the front. The front seat currently sits at appx 9" from the top. Will that be enough or do you need to take out that seat also?
3. At the back it would be nice to have a deck also.. but that will cover up the gas tank so I'm unsure if that is a good idea.
4. What type of wood for the frames for the deck to sit on?

I work in a laser shop so I am thinking of using 0.105 Al and cutting out the decks and flattening the floor. Any advice would be great. Having it all on here will be nice as we can then both read it together.

finniki said:
Hi All

I'm new to this site. My son and picked up a 14' aluminum and want to do a conversion on it. (hopefully get some quality time together).

Questions are..
1. If we remove the centre seat do we beef up the sides with a bracket or something. We would really like to cut out the middle if at all possible and have 2 smaller spots for guests etc.. (all the foam would go back in another void i.e up at bow)
2. Make a deck at the front. The front seat currently sits at appx 9" from the top. Will that be enough or do you need to take out that seat also?
3. At the back it would be nice to have a deck also.. but that will cover up the gas tank so I'm unsure if that is a good idea.
4. What type of wood for the frames for the deck to sit on?

I work in a laser shop so I am thinking of using 0.105 Al and cutting out the decks and flattening the floor. Any advice would be great. Having it all on here will be nice as we can then both read it together.
https://forum.tinboats.net/viewtopic.php?p=405114#p405114

There are all kinds of conversions posted in the forum. Click the link above to see what I did to my 14 foot Lund

Schukster

Sent from my LGL22C using Tapatalk