Flag pole

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lgpjr49

Reaction score
Anyone ever rigged up a flag pole on their Jon boat or just put a flag on the stern light? I wanna put a flag up on my boat and was wondering if and how others have done it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Okay I thought about the stern light idea but I was wondering how it held up. I didn't wanna mess up the light or more importantly loose the flag if the light pole were to break or something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rather than taking a chance on bending my $25.00 stern light pole ( the flag adds a lot of resistance when underway)...I'd vote for the PVC pole in the same socket.

I'd also run a safety line from the flag and down the pole. Might save both the flag and the pole if you hit a big wake and it bounces out.

On one of my light poles, the flat metal "cover" rotated halfway and slipped into a notch cut into the pole. It was an added safeguard to keep the pole in the socket when running.

richg99

and on the other side of the coin,
if you ask any of us older guys that have
not turned our boats into fishing machines
or duck chasers, we would vote for a vintage
bow light with the hole in it for a flag pole.
available on ebay for about $30.
But, you would have to have a bow to start with.
1955-Chris-Craft-Cobra-pix-new-5.jpg
but, the stern brackets are available also as mentioned before.

I have never put a flag up on a boat but I put it on my car. I used a solar flag pole light. If you are interested I ordered it from here https://www.amazon.com/Flagpole-Energy-Battery-Illumunation-Vont/dp/B00YBDA7DC/. The main reason I chose this one is that it has a good illumination, automatic daylight sensor and, what is important, it is installed in 1 minute without any tools. Also, what I mentioned, solar flag pole light is very bright and it has a long lasting batteries. I don’t know it will help you or not, but you should definitely check this thing out.

I have a flagpole built that I mount large diver flags to when diving off the boat. I used this originally on my inflatable in the ocean in Cali, but have brought it to my tinny here on the east coast.

I use an aluminum conduit tube pole, and mounted a chunk of pool noodle foam to the bottom of it. I have a rod mount in the stern. I put it down into the rod mount, wherein the pole touches the bottom of the boat, the pool noodle foam fits tightly in the rod mount, and the flag is up and good to go.

Latest posts