Home made canopy ?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

juggernot

Reaction score
I'm thinking about making a bimini type folding frame out of plastic 1 1/2" electrical conduit or sched. 40 pvc. The supports would be 7 and 8' w the bottom of both hinged together @ the same point. I'm hoping to have 8' of coverage when it is up and use lightweight tarp material for the top. Has anyone done this before or have any advice/opinions about the idea?

I have a simple Bimini top that I ordered off ebay a couple of years ago. For some reason I was intimidated about building my own...but now that I see how it all goes together I would not hesitate to recommend building one. I want to say at one point I found a website that sold all the hardware to make your own. The cost was not that attractive though. I'm certain that you could make some very functional brackets with a little bit of thought. Mine is made of Ø1.0 s/s tubing...but I am sure the same size EMT would be just fine.

Just for reference mine holds up very well at 30mph.

Rob

I like to make my own stuff too, but this is one item where you can't really make it as cheap as you can buy it.

Shop online & you can get them pretty cheap. Go for sunbrella-clone material.

Good luck

Here's where I plan to get mine from. They are cheaper then most and built with quality materials

https://www.vortexdirect.com/pontoon

Sent from the dust in front of you!

Latest posts