Parker's duck boat paint

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mbweimar

Reaction score
I know there's a couple guys on here that have used Parker's, and was sold on it until I read a couple threads about how easily it scratches. I can't seem to find the threads I was reading at this time, but will post them later if anyone is interested. Anyway, can anyone attest to these claims? If your running this paint on your rig, how has it held up, and how long have you had it. I want my paint job to be tough as nails, and I realize that prep is 99% of it.

I have Port Supply, and was looking at West Marine. They carry Petit, which is supposed to be top-notch. But IIRC they want over $200 per gallon for the top coat, and the primer was pretty pricy too. Thoughts?

I just painted my Jon with Parker paint, sanded,washed, and used vinager to etch. Sprayed with HF $15 gun, looks awesome.

Mine looks awesome. Stripped, acid washed, cleaned with denatured alcohol, primed with Parker paint via brush and painted with Parker paint. The bottom ribs have Rubbed off just from transferring it from wood cradles to trailer a couple of times. It's very flat and paint that flat usually scratches easily. I've got at least 2 coats of primer and paint. Also I noticed where some spots scratched and rubbed just putting interior back in. But you can touch it up yearly easily. Next time I'll put on a satin clear coat.
dc2fdb1af17a0d8ea731abf78642a0b7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I mix one quart Parker's OD green with one quart Rustoleum Gloss Sand. The end result is very similar to Army green but more of a matte or satin finish, much more durable.

ANY flat paint will show scratches.

Latest posts