Attwood Lift N Lock Anchor Control

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PK142FISH

Reaction score
Hi All,

I am new to the forum and have enjoyed reading about all the ongoing boat projects. I recently purchased a 14 ft Polar Kraft Aluminum Boat. I have been working on it for a little bit as the weather gets warmer. I have an anchor lift n lock that I want to install on the bow, but I have a question as to how to operate it from the last bench seat in the boat. I have an 18 lb river anchor attached to a 100 ft of polypropylene rope. Do you run the line along the side of the boat or down the center of the boat to the last bench seat. Also do I need to add additional pulleys. Being that the mount is in the bow, the rope has to turn inward to line up with the pulley. I will have a Minn Kota 55 electric motor so I will be mostly sitting on the rear bench seat. I have attached some pictures for everyone to see. Looking forward to your input.

Attachments

• DSC01081.JPG
    DSC01081.JPG
    43 KB · Views: 1,260
  • DSC01078.JPG
    DSC01078.JPG
    46.1 KB · Views: 1,259
  • DSC01080.JPG
    DSC01080.JPG
    64.4 KB · Views: 1,259
I had one of those years ago. Worked well.

I do recall though, that I had to lift the rope up ....high.... to free the latch. If that is still the case, then you won't be able to run the line through a block (pulley). The block will hold the line down, and you won't be able to release the anchor up or down.

You can verify that statement by screwing the device onto a small piece of wood; and then clamping the wood onto the bow. Screw a block onto a piece of wood, and clamp and move it up and down the gunnels to see if there is any place that will let you release your anchor.

The locking part is simple, as the rope passes through, gravity will drop the latch portion into place. it is the releasing funtion that may cause an issue.

Personally, I don't see any reason why you can't just affix the device to the bow, with its opening pointing directly to the stern. Run the rope loosely to the stern. Without any blocks in the way, you should be able to raise your arm up high enough to release the latch.

Please try a few locations out and let us know how it works for you. I am sure that, once you get it working, you will be happy with it. Don't let the anchor dent your hull by banging around.

regards, richg99

Thanks Rich,

I never thought of turning it the other way. I will try it and let you know if it works. You make a good point about having to lift up on it to free the latch. I can see where this would be a problem when it is on the same plane as the latch. I was actually going to put either a two open clamps or cleats on one side toward the front about 4 feet apart and wrap the line around it and just release it from the front of the boat. It is a pain because you have to walk over the bench seats everytime. I didn't want to spend the money for an AnchorMate because the boat will be parked at a lake most of the year.

Appreciate the input

Ed

Latest posts