Flotation Pods / Sponsons

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MK1982

Reaction score
I want to hear pros and cons about flotation pods from those who have them installed. Thinking about installing them on my 1448 MonArk to give a little extra lift in the back when not cruising on plane, and in the next year or two am looking at buying a 2072 for big water or taking the whole family and am on the fence regarding weather or not to get them on the big boat.
The biggest reason I'm not seeing them on my current boat or a new purchase is that I really like running a trolling motor off the transom. Being a big duck hunter, I dont want to be running up and down the length of the boat to get to a bow mount trolling motor stepping over decoys and everything else thats packed. Coupled with the fact that going in through woods I dont want to have to be sitting like the mast of a sail boat on a pedestal seat to run one. Has anyone fabricated a solution to run a transom mount trolling motor in conjunction with having pods mounted? If so please post a pic, I'd love to see it and lets here how you guys like your sponsons / pods!

If I were you, I'd check out this guy's posts. (Poormans Boatwright?) He custom builds and installs pods on aluminum boats. At the very least, send him a PM and see if he will answer the questions in your post. I don't see him on here all of the time, so he might miss your query. regards, richg99

https://www.tinboats.net/forum/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=5870

Latest posts