Impressive 16' hull ... but 25hp limit, wot the ... ?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaleH

TinBoats Supporter
Reaction score
New (at least I just saw it ...) ABCO 16' tin boat

Man, I just LOVE boats with tall gunwhales (gunnels) and this looks awesome. But a 25hp :shock: OB limit? And the low stern height? Strike 2 ...

Seriously #-o ?

I think the $$ would be strike 3

Attachments

• ABCO-16.PNG
    ABCO-16.PNG
    386.1 KB · Views: 1,007
  • ABCO-16-New.pdf
    294.8 KB · Views: 40
Yah, that boat needs a higher transom for sure. Kinda defeats the whole high gunnel idea with that low transom.
I personally will never buy another boat unless it is a least a 20 inch transom.
Tim

I don't understand.

I know I'm kinda dumb, and a small lake old guy from rural Wisconsin, but that low of a transom is almost like a hole in the hull.

What would be the purpose of manufacturing that hull design? Only thing that comes to mind is a short shaft OB, and even then, wouldn't following waves bite you in the butt?

'Splain, please, if you would.

tyvm.

Wind catcher indeed! My 28" sides may as well be sails in wind. Also, it has a 20" transom. I don't know why they keep transoms in the 15-20" range when the sides are higher.....only thing I can think of, is it's easier to find motors in that range, unless you live near big water where 25" shafts are the norm

Looks like a tender for a purse seiner. No real use for a boat like that in the recreational area.

The thinking is that if you take water over the bow, it can run out the back, over the transom.

If you go to thehulltruth.com and search for notched transom vs euro transom there are about 1 million posts....