Boat Names

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PK142FISH

Reaction score
When I was walking along the harbor in California, I enjoyed reading all of the different boat names. I noticed almost all of the large boats have names and you can tell a lot of thought was put into the name. Seeing that most of you spend a great deal of time modifying your boats, I was curious if anybody named their jonboats or small v hulls. I have a 14 ft PolarKraft and was going to put a name on it. I would love to see your pics if you have them. Also, if you do name your craft do you put the name on the starboard side, port side or stern?

My fishing buddy named my Bass Tracker..... sharTROOOS. Fun spin on chartreuse as you could probably tell. Whenever he is down on his luck, he always reaches for a chartreuse square bill. He always puts a little emphasis on the "treuse" hence the capital lettering and 3 O's. Mine is placed on the starboard side of the transom.

Mine's "Barquito" roughly "little boat" in Spanish. I put it on the stern portside. Figured it would be seen there since everyone's always passing me. :shock:

Saw a pontoon named Maxi's pad. There dog was named maxi, but that's not what I thought it meant when I first saw it.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I guess someone at the factory named mine. They called it AlumaCraft which is an odd name. I definitely would have named it something different but they say it's bad luck to change the name of a boat so I guess I will leave it as is.

I had a 10' Jon that had no mods and a vintage Ted Williams Sears gamefisher trolling motor on it. No trailer and would flip over very easy..,. Name of boat "money talks". No pic, but the name was on the back of transom.
Now my 14.5 semi v is named " insufishent funds".

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Fishfreek said:
I guess someone at the factory named mine. They called it AlumaCraft which is an odd name. I definitely would have named it something different but they say it's bad luck to change the name of a boat so I guess I will leave it as is.

Awesome Post!

I bought my 1860 cc seaark used and decided to mod it a little after owning it for a while. When taking the cc off the boat i found a hidden sticker that read "Property of North Carolina Wildlife Resources Commission". A little research found that it was a retired wildlife boat.
She is now appropriately named "Tha Ticket"

Slab's Loss

I bought it from the owner of Crappie.com, his screen name is Slab. Also, I primarily fish fro Crappie, commonly referred to as Slab's.

I gave Slab the honor of attaching the decals...

GOPR1440 (2).JPG

My boat's name is GRUMPY GILLS because my wife says when I don't get to go fishing I'm grumpy I'm gonna put the lettering across the back ordering the lettering this week

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Latest posts