Alumacraft. ??

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve2517

Reaction score
My boat that I would like to turn in a more functional fishing/kid friendly boat is an 18ft x 54" , boat. I ran the numbers on the boat through Google search and all it said was that it was a 1979 alumacraft. I'm having trouble figuring out any more than that. I thought measuring the exact footage and width would tell me more but still coming up short of a model. Can anyone help me figure out more details based on what I know. Thanks for any help guys.

Went and looked inside and everywhere for more markings. It said model fd15. Trying to locate pics for it. Am I measuring wrong. Fd15 were 15 footers ? Thanks again for any pics of this boat remodeled or new. Any help.

Thanks for the help guys. Did contact alumacraft. They said it was 1979 fd-15. I've been reading these are a deep v boat. Should be good for converting to a low floored bass boat I'm thinking.

Glad that Alumacraft responded, and that you have verified what you have. Did they give you some specifications in regards to maximum weight load and maximum HP?? You might want to search for someone with a similar boat as yours, especially in regards to modifications you might be thinking of. Not sure what the difference is between a modified V and a Deep V, as it might relate to your project. Any pictures yet?

I'll try and get some up. Having trouble finding a moded boat like mine. 865lbs is weight limit. 25hp. Which is motor I have on it. Also have a trolling motor 55 that I also mount on transom.

Latest posts