New boat, need help with HIN

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jaz584

Reaction score
Hello all,

New to the site and relatively new to boating as a whole. Last year bought an older and beat up 16' aluminum with a 77 evinrude 35 that was not running, after rebuilding the starter, carb and water pump it ran like a dream and we had many good times on the lakes in Saskatchewan. Like many however, I wanted something bigger and better, this lead to the purchase of an 18' Lund alaskan with a 2001 evinrude 75hp. This boat will fit my needs a bit better with more room for people, and the dog. With that said the question I have is with my hull identification number, I have looked up the three different systems and the only one where mine fits says it would be a 2009. This I do not think is the case, the previous owner said it was a 1993, but looking at the 1993 Lund catalog I am not sure that is the case either. I have attached a link to an imgur album as I could not figure out the inline posting, any and all help is appreciated!

https://imgur.com/a/9A8xU

Nice boat you got there! You might try going to the Lund site and asking about your model here:
https://www.lundboats.com/ask-an-expert/
The Alaskan looks like it's very well built.

Sorry, the HIN is in the album, but here it is as well. ZLU00345D09C-Y and the Y is in a circle for some reason. The odd part it seems is the last four digits, which should date it, dont seem to match up correctly with any HIN decoder I can find.

jaz584 said:
Sorry, the HIN is in the album, but here it is as well. ZLU00345D09C-Y and the Y is in a circle for some reason. The odd part it seems is the last four digits, which should date it, dont seem to match up correctly with any HIN decoder I can find.

I think the information after the dash is some code for the model of the boat. At least it is on my HIN.

Latest posts