Need help with Jackplate options

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fowlgunner935

Reaction score
I am getting a 16ft Lowe Big Jon with a short transom. My motor is a 2010 Nissan 30 hp 4 stroke long shaft. There are so many choices and iv never used one so some assistance would be nice. Thanks for any advice

I just got the Atlas mini jacker. I took it to a lake that is a no wake on the whole lake. So I didn't get to really play with it. But it is very good.
632a5bfbb7063dbbf2b10686c4f3496f.jpg

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

af2397031fec6de70cb636d5e9d2fd97.jpg

About $200 for this one. It's called a mini manual jackplate from Bob's Machine Shop.

2015 Tracker Grizzly 1448 MVX
1996 Evinrude 25hp 3 cylinder looper

Another question. I read where most jack plates have 4" of raise. Will this bring my motor up to a sufficient height? I'm thinking I need the 4" offset. This boat will be used for running long stretches of rivers so I need good performance.

I'm running a TH mini jacker. my motor is a longer short shaft.
Is 4" of rise going to be enough? Hard to tell it depends on the actual measurements of your motor and the transom.

I found where CMC has a 2 piece manual lift with 5" of adjustment with 1.5" of transom adjustment. They also have a single unit manual jackplates with 5" of travel. Sounds like one of those 2 is what I'll need

Well I finally got to test my boat out with the jack plate. It worked awesome! With the plate all the way up the water pick up is still under water. So I can idle with it no problem. I can jump up on plane in a boats length and still have water pumping! I still lower it down, which slows the boat a bit, but that's fine with me.

I'm so glad I have it on my boat!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Latest posts