which models boats are best?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

samuel joff

Reaction score
Hi. I am looking at getting a jon boat. I am not interested in having a racing boat so I am looking at 14-15 foot boats. What brands are best?

Slough Runner said:
G3 and alumacraft

Thank you for your suggestion. Do you have any other options? If yes, please let me know. I would like to research and want to go with the right one.

Most any of the welded ones because of thicker bottoms and higher sides.
Crestliner, Lowe, Sea Ark, G3, Alumacraft, and Tracker are a few to consider.

Hello,
I don't post much but view everyday.
After looking for about a year at various jons
I purchased an Extreme Riverskiff 1648 and
have been super happy. My 2 cents worth.

Samuel, where are you from ?
what will you be doing with the boat?
fresh water or salt?
electric, outboard or jet ???
how many passengers will you carry ?
do you fish fast moving waters ?
will you be harvesting alligators ?
will you be fishing waters only a few inches deep?
will you be cutting the seats out for live wells and casting decks ?
IMHO - the "brand" is not the issue. It is the size, shape, condition
and how I intend to use it that sways my vote to a particular boat, not the brand of it.
get out and look at several boats - consider your use - then make your decision.

any of the above questions could influence a response - one way or the other.

Good Luck in your boat and consider SAFETY in all your decisions.

Depends on your use. My 1232 Alumacraft is riveted. I'm often uncomfortable with its strength and stability, but it's size and weight can be beneficial My 1440 Xpress (AlumaWeld) is welded. 15 years old when I got it and was all beat up, but still no leaks. It's stable and has a large front deck, good for bowfishing or anything else. It even has a bigger deck and more floor space than my 1648 War Eagle (has a gun box). I can drive the Xpress into anything and not worry about it, which I like. I'm also a fan of the floor space, which makes it good for hunting, fishing, or just bumming around the lake.