Patching holes in the boat hull?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
The PO of my boat had made some custom modifications to the hull of my boat. I want to take these out but there is holes that will be open then. What's the best way to patch these besides welding? I'm only 18 and have no idea how to weld.

what size holes?? if someone put a threw the hull fitting in the bottom of the boat like they did mine I would take it to a weld shop and pay them the 50 bucks to have it fixed right, j b weld is good stuff for some things but once you use it makes it very hard to weld with out a lot of work of removing 100% of the stuff before welding, would think real hard of using it below the water line,, mite think of removing what you want gone and putting a new rivet or screw in its place,, to me the best way is welding but I own a weld shop,,, pic are of what not to do!!!

Attachments

• IMG_0425.JPG
    IMG_0425.JPG
    85.9 KB · Views: 365
  • IMG_0427.JPG
    IMG_0427.JPG
    50.5 KB · Views: 365
I used JB Weld to try & fix a problem below the water line on my lund & it was a mistake. It sets up solid, & the aluminum hull does flex, causing the JB Weld to crack. Removing it was a chore. Don't know what size hole, but I have become a fan of 5200.
John

I could see 5200 working fine if it's not on a part of the boat that gets any contact with abrasive surfaces, sand, rocks, trailer bunks, etc. I tried using 5200 on some leaks and it didn't last two trips before it was wore off from beaching the boat, running through shallows and grass, etc.

Thanks for all the advice guys I looked into solid rivers and found a post on here with how to do it and it seems like my best option

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts