Small problem with my DIY PVC bunk covers

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

richg99

Reaction score
I haven't had my G3 out too much lately. Had a little "human plumbing problem" that put me out of condition for a bit.

Original post.....https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=40137

I did get the boat out the other day. When I did my usual Power Recovery, the boat slid right up the new PVC toppers quickly and smoothly. When I killed the engine, she slid right back ......DOWN...... the bunks, too!

It seems that my PVC Gutter modification is a bit too slick. I was able to recover the boat easily enough. I had to leave my engine running while I ran forward and hooked up the winch strap. All in all, not a bad deal.

I might consider getting one of the Latch and Lock type of gizmos. I believe that if I drive all of the way forward, the device will "grab" my boat's forward eye and hang on.

regards, richg99

:lol: I usually do the same, run it up and keep the motor in gear until I get the winch strap hooked up.
First found that out using the Teflon bunk slicks, and now have the PVC fencepost toppers on a different trailer. I never had a problem doing that, but the device you are talking about may be of some benefit.
I see you used the PVC gutter, I like that idea! I used the PVC fencepost, and to get a better fit since it's a full 4", I ripped down 2x6's to 3 7/8" to get a better fit.

Latest posts