Bow Deck Dilemna

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pymybob

Reaction score
I came across this issue and thought I'd share it with the forum. I want to add a deck large enough to the bow for a trolling motor. I thought this would be fairly easy but I noticed something and I'm not sure how to handle it. Take a look at these pics:

First, the piece of plywood is for reference only. Do you see the angle that you get when you place the plywood across the bow? I'm not sure how to overcome this as I think I would be better to attach the ply from above and screw in from the top of the plywood rather than from the side. With the angle I have, I don't think that's a good option and hinders this upgrade. Anyone ever have this issue and has overcame it?

I had to mount a motor like that on a fiberglass bow rider with a big curved surface.

I took a thicker piece of wood and used a router to shape the underside

maybe you can do something like that

Same issue on my Starcraft. I made mine with an old, aluminum street sign that I had laying around (no idea how it got there officer?). Hemmed the edges over and used pop rivets to fasten. Carpeted it and it looks factory.

The routing may be the best bet as I don't have any metal signs laying around! LOL! Thanks for the suggestions. Maybe metal would be the easiest way to go...

I used a small section of aluminum plate as my bow mount decking and hit the edges with a rubber mallet to bend them flush.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

jethro said:
Same issue on my Starcraft. I made mine with an old, aluminum street sign that I had laying around (no idea how it got there officer?). Hemmed the edges over and used pop rivets to fasten. Carpeted it and it looks factory.

jethro
I'm about to do the same with a sign, how did you bend the sign?

Steve A W

Lots of good suggestions here. I'll add that you might be able to laminate a piece of curved wood if you had enough thin layers to work with.

However, the aluminum sheet would be the easiest and probably hold up the best in the long run. You could laminate some support beams if you felt they were necessary. richg99

Steve A W said:
jethro said:

jethro
I'm about to do the same with a sign, how did you bend the sign?

Steve A W

With these :D
pACE3-991250enh-z7.jpg

Latest posts