Potential Gem?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ihateclevernames

Reaction score
Hey guys, I haven't been here long however I wanted to drop in and post a few pictures of a boat that I have been considering. I currently have a 1236 and of course, it is too small. I have a line on a 14 footer with a wider hull.

My concerns are that there are no bench seat or anything. Obviously that leaves potential, but I wonder if anyone has seen anything like this before. That will kind of direct my thought process and dial in to some ideas about what I could do with it.

Thanks guys!

The side skins provide the stiffness needed to keep the sides from flexing. I have a 1648 and an 1866 that both have flat floors with side skins. Kind of like a blank canvas to work with....

Wouldn't be to hard to put a floor in. 2nd the aluminum floor. Not to hard to work with, lighter than wood and wont rot over time. You have a lot of space to play with. Make up some designs and look on the forum for some ideas. Good luck.

If you are going to live in the World of Tin,
you will become very familiar with metal working tools.
SkilSaw, Jig Saw, Tin Snips, Rivets, Rivet Guns, Bucking Bars, yada yada yada.
As you become more comfortable within your skill set,
you will have a very nice fishing machine !!
spend some time on YouTube - many good videos there
of how to do just what you are thinking of.

always approach any job with SAFETY at the forefront.

I have the same boat, working on mine about half way done love the openness of it.