Where do i buy what is circled in red in the lower picture??

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nated.

Reaction score
Howdy,
My boat nomenclature vocabulary needs expanding. What is what i've circled in red called, and where do i order,get more of it? I've googled many things and can't find anything that even looks close. I'd like to match what is on the boat as close as i can, but i'm about to go "redneck" and put a 2 inch angle aluminum on the outside. I have to beef up my tin can after accomplishing seat removal. I did call Tracker Marine and they haven't gotten back to me. Mucho thanks,

Attachments

• Boat 2.JPG
    Boat 2.JPG
    83 KB · Views: 691
  • Boat 7.jpg
    Boat 7.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 691
I remember this from your previous thread.

As I suggested then I would support from the inside, like most of us do

I do not know where you would get that material, its probably custom made for this application.

At first I thought that just a rub-rail would do the trick. Then I realized that the Strake ( thanks, PerchJerker) was actually supporting or stiffening the sides. So, a rubber/plastic rub rail would look good, but not do any stiffening, which is what you need.

I sincerely doubt that you will find any easily. That is a part that the boat manufacturer uses to give flat aluminum some strength. Most boats have four or more on the bottom of the hull. It is often bent into the sheet of aluminum, or added on by welding or rivets.

I'll bet an aluminum fabricator could make some for you. Let us know what you find, please. As far as a DIY, I am picturing an aluminum tube, cut lengthwise, and then bent to the contour of the hull. But, even that would need some sort of flange on each side to use to fasten it. regards, richg99

Latest posts