Lowe Roughneck 1650 deluxe with 20 hp

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Southern85

Reaction score
Hi all, this is my first post here. i am considering purchasing a Lowe Roughneck 1650 dlx. I own a 20 hp 4 stroke mercury and would like opinions on how this combo would be. The hull weighs 640 lbs. I might consider the 1546 which only weighs 290 lbs but is not nearly the boat. i really dont want to buy another motor. Thanks

I have a very similar setup. Mine is a 1650 Gen3 modified V with 1988 Mercury 20 hp 2 stroke. I also have full aluminum front and rear casting decks as well as a 24 volt minnkota edge trolling motor. So that's two series 27 batteries plus one small Agm battery for the light and graph.

With just myself and my gear I run 26 mph. With another guy and his gear I run about 23-24 mph. This is plenty fast for me personally on a tiller. If I installed a jack plate and a SS prop I'm sure I could gain another couple MPH.

My last boat was a 1440 with a Johnson 25. It ran 32 mph with a 15" prop and a jack plate. Flat out scary fast! Lol

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    51.4 KB · Views: 574
i have a 1648 mv w a 30 hp 4 strk efi pt/t. will hit 27+ w/ 2 guys but starts porpoising. plenty fast for a small boat. i always thought 20 mph was a good cruising speed. less u want to spend big money for more speed.

Southern85 said:
Hi all, this is my first post here. i am considering purchasing a Lowe Roughneck 1650 dlx. I own a 20 hp 4 stroke mercury and would like opinions on how this combo would be. The hull weighs 640 lbs. I might consider the 1546 which only weighs 290 lbs but is not nearly the boat. i really dont want to buy another motor. Thanks

Is the 1546 riveted? That seems like too big of a weight difference for both to be welded models.

Latest posts