Tin Bass Boat Ski Pylon/Pole?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wmk0002

Reaction score
I have a 17' Spectrum Dominator tin bass boat with a 70hp on it. I don't have a whole lot of interest in pulling tubes or skiiers, however, my brother (who isn't much of a fisherman) has said he would go out with me more if the boat was geared to be more multi-functional for skiing. I know you can use those tow ropes with the float that attaches to the tie down rings on the transom and they are cheap as well, however, they seem more for tubes and not really for skiing or wakeboarding. I'm also familiar with the ski pylon which go into the seat pedestal base and then have the two support poles which go to the transom. That seems like the way to go but those appear to be $250+. are there some more reasonably priced ones available? Alternatively, any ideas on how to make one? I'm not too serious about this at this point, moreso curious so just looking for some ideas that won't break the bank.

RiverBottomOutdoors said:
Better solution is to replace brother. :mrgreen:

I do have a spare :D ...but he is still in college and only home a few weekends out of the year.

And I'm not totally against the idea. It may be fun on the hot summer days when we go to the river to float alongside our catfish jugs. If I do give it a try, I will just go with the cheap option of the tow strap for now.