Swim noodle

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fishorhunt

Reaction score
I've found another useful application for a swim noodle. If you spilt it on 1 side it will slip over the top rail of a jon boat and makes for an excellent lure holder. At the end of the day you can either put the lures back in the tackle box or leave them there. I didn't glue them down or anything and I've yet to have one blow off the boat and that's even travelling at interstate speeds. I spray painted mine black and after a while the yellow is starting to show threw but, if that bothers you I'm sure that the black PVC pipe insulators would work the same. Just thought someone might find this helpful.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Hmmmmm...Great idea until I get so excited and lean over the rail to get my big fish of the day.....only to become the next victim of a hook #-o

When you mentioned the noodle, I was going to suggest the black pipe insulation. The pipe insulation is self adhesive (made to stick to itself and secure it around a pipe.) That will guarantee it will stay stuck to the boat.
Also useful as a dock bumper.

we use them up here in the north country to store leaders on for dipsey divers. Put a roofing nail in, hook the leader to it, wind it up then secure it with another one

also works good for crawler harnessess

I use them to store set and drop lines for trotlines and jugs. My setup is a little different though. I cut the noodles into ~12" lengths and put 16" PVC through the middle so 2" sticks out on each end. I cut a groove on each end of the PVC. Hook and wrap lines, then secure with those elastic loops with a plastic ball on them (for tarps) with the loop sitting in the grooves. Only problem I've had is the noodles wearing out from repeated hooking and unhooking, but they work well anyway

-CN- said:
When you mentioned the noodle, I was going to suggest the black pipe insulation. The pipe insulation is self adhesive (made to stick to itself and secure it around a pipe.) That will guarantee it will stay stuck to the boat.
Also useful as a dock bumper.
There are two types of such pipe insulation available at the box stores. One is a somewhat shiny, charcoal gray color. The other is a dull, dead carbon black with finer bubbles than the first type. I have used both as roof rack padding (surfboards). The charcoal gray type has lasted me a full season, sometimes two. The dead black type (which I suspect is more effective for its intended purpose) has deteriorated and become "sticky" and easily torn in a few weeks in my application, probably from UV exposure.

Latest posts