Float pods

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So i have a 14 foot aluminum boat with a 9.9 on it and wanting to add a twenty to twenty five for longer runs and was wondering if float pods work. also does anyone know what type of boat it is

IMG_0022_zpsmamimwow.jpg

IMG_0023_zpsiqcj9xb3.jpg

ok that's better lol

Yeah looks like a Meyers to me the transom brace and corner braces are exactly like mine

I would not put a 25 on it. The transom is not made to handle it. Would take some serious rework in my opinion

Transom is not nearly strong enough for that. What's it rated for motor wise? Even if it's rated for up to a 25, which it definitely could be, your crazy to out it on there like that lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Catch Release Repeat said:
Transom is not nearly strong enough for that. What's it rated for motor wise? Even if it's rated for up to a 25, which it definitely could be, your crazy to out it on there like that lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine is rated for a 9.9 and like I said it looks just like his. You can barely see the brace in this pic

20160306_113051.jpg

Add a full width, full height 1-1/2" thick transom, a proper knee brace, tie the transom in at the corners and it might handle the extra hp.

back to your original question "was wondering if float pods work"
Edit: I misunderstood the question.

in my world, no - there is no reason for the added length or expense
for the transom float pods on a boat that small. Put your attention
to the other safety features such as beefing up the transom with the
appropriate knee braces.

learn as you go !!! have fun and be SAFE !!

I agree with all who are stating that the transom isn't strong enough to support a 20-25 HP motor. Your hull should have no problem supporting the motor though as far as floating. Your transom can be upgraded but at a fairly hefty price so I would suggest looking for another hull if you want the benefits of a larger motor. If by the term "float pods" you are referring to the add-on pods that are welded to the outside of your transom to provide additional floatation I would suggest that you not pursue that on this hull due to the high cost and limited benefits you would realize. Enjoy your boat with the 9.9 and when you're ready upgrade to a sturdier hull and motor. You'll be much happier with the results and safer out on the water.

I would wash it, paint it a color you like, clamp on a small motor and get out on the water. It is a nice safe boat as it is.

okay thx guys because it is the family boat and it is not quite running as fast as i need to cover some water by us up in canada and it is fine with just me but once that second and third person come in it guys really really slow and with my friends staying for close to a month with me then i am wanting to add a low deck and floors i was hoping to pick up so extra speed

Latest posts