Fishing seat hinges

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nated.

Reaction score
Howdy,
i did try a topic search prior to writing this entry. What are the longest lasting fishing seat hinges out there? The hinges on all my fishing seats are bent all out of shape and don't support one's back. I've called around the upholstery shops but no one seems to have any insight into a better quality seat hinge? Please advise on your experience with your seat hinges and what hinge life you are getting out of them? Mucho thanks,

Here are pictures,
thanks,

Attachments

• DSC_0014.jpg
    DSC_0014.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 598
  • DSC_0013.jpg
    DSC_0013.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 598
  • DSC_0012.jpg
    DSC_0012.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 598
Those hinges appear to still be in great shape. Is it possible that you just want a seat that doesn't lean as much? I've owned a couple seats with those styled hinges and they do sit back farther than other seats I've owned.

the hinges have this tab feature and they looks like they are bent. I have not yet tried to rebend them other way.

Every metal hinge that I've used has fairly quickly bent to the point where the seat was unreliable and I'm sure that an unfortunate finger placement would sever a fingertip. Last summer, once again, I purchased new seats and am using the Tempress high back with nylon hinges with stainless pins. The seats already seem more durable than any metal ones, the nylon is not hollow but solid, I can lean back with my weight on them and there's no flex or give even in 90 degree temps. They are camo made from heavy weight cordura fabric and while the cushion could be thicker it is secured to the nylon with snaps for removal which allows me to leave the shells out in the weather. I'm sure the snaps will be the first thing to go but aren't they on almost anything subject to the weather. I can sit on these seats comfortably for a good long time. The seat (without spider) came in on sale at around $80 with free shipping. So far so good and I'd buy them again.

Latest posts