Install carpet first then hatches/seat bases??

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shoedawg

Reaction score
Should I install my Hydro-turf first then place my deck mounted hatches and seat bases over it or should I install the hardware first, and then just cut around it? I am thinking the latter would be a BIG PIA and that I should just install the turf first. Plus the former would give a cleaner look. What are your opinions or suggestions on the matter? I am leaning towards turf first. I do have grooves in my turf. I could make a template first.......????

Here is an example of what I have going on. The hardware has not been permanently mounted yet.
image029.jpg

Here is the grooved turf. Will it cause issues if the hardware is sitting on top of it such as water leaking into it (like rain or washing it out).
20160428_093425.jpg

Install the Hydro Turf first then position your seat mounts and hatch covers on the Hydro turf. Use a sharpie to outline each item then cut the Hydro turf. That way mounts and such aren't in the way during install. You can also cut a cardboard pattern / template of the item place it down then mark or cut around that.

Latest posts