Help finding bow plate.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JimmyTodd

Reaction score
Hello all,

I was shopping for a new anchor lock to mount . I settled on Scotty Anchor Lock Release System. when it arrived however i found that there was no room on the bow plate for the mounting bracket. it came with a flush mount which has something like a 1 1/2 " receiver tube for the anchor lock in addition to the 4 mounting holes. The bow plate is rather small with a handle built in . I thought of perhaps using a metal plate below the handle and trying to cobble something together. I was also thinking of a new bow plate. however i seem to be coming up short even finding a supplier of such an item. I have a 1968 aqua swan luma lap i am curious if anyone has any suggestions or thoughts that may help? One last thing the bow plate... am i thinking correctly that the cast piece on the very front and top of the boat is the bow plate ?? sorry if that is a stupid question i just don't know .

Thank you

Attachments

• Aqua Swan (5).jpg
    Aqua Swan (5).jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 695
Not feeling very hopeful. i am probably going to have it welded :( 88.00 an hour doh!

Just a suggestion...How about sending it back and getting a simpler device...like this one.

richg99

https://www.amazon.com/Attwood-Corporation-13700-7-Anchor-Control/dp/B0000AZ7Z9/ref=sr_1_1?s=sporting-goods&ie=UTF8&qid=1463227305&sr=1-1&keywords=attwood++anchor+lock

31UN-Zlcl-L._SX425_.jpg

Latest posts