Battery storage?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As in when not in use or while in use?

1. When not using the boat they stay in their locations on the boat but I hook up battery tenders to them which has allowed me to use the same batteries for over 3 years. I go out around 2-3 times a week so they get a lot of use and always recharge fairly quick. The deep cycle takes a while longer but is always good to go in the morning.

2. On the boat they are covered in the stern to keep them as cool as possible.

In the boat is what i was asking about. i was thinking of building a storage compartment for the batter and other stuff i dont want laying on the floor but i want to keep it as small as possible to keep the floor open and flat.

Your local maker of blades
AB knives

Here is what I did. My boat is a 1650 with aluminum front deck. I have an edge 70lb, two series 27 batteries up front just in front of the middle bench. I have to say though. With the extra weight, trolling motor, batteries, On board charger and decking it sags in the water a little with only me in the boat. But when on plane it really does ride great. No porposing, cuts waves well, esc...

I have one of these mounts just inside my acces hatches.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    69.2 KB · Views: 535
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    66.6 KB · Views: 535
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    75.2 KB · Views: 535
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg