Mirrocraft Outfitter Upgrade

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coxhaus

Reaction score
I decided to add a auto bilge pump and dual boat charger. The bilge went fairly easily. The Dual Pro charger was harder in that I had to pull all the front flooring out to be able to drill a hole for the wire to pass through. I have included a couple of pictures of what I found. I was thinking I was going to pull the foam out but it seems to be dry and in plastic bags as not to get wet. Should pull it out and replace with pool noodles? The other thing is the wood seems to be dry but still strong so I was thinking of coating it with boiled linseed oil and maybe a coat of Tung oil to seal it. Is this a good idea?

Any thing else I should do while I have it apart?

Attachments

• IMG_4364.JPG
    IMG_4364.JPG
    88.8 KB · Views: 288
  • IMG_4363.JPG
    IMG_4363.JPG
    82.5 KB · Views: 288
  • IMG_4362.JPG
    IMG_4362.JPG
    79.8 KB · Views: 288
One thing I did not mention is when I was replacing the bilge pump I mashed the live well drain hose and the through hull fitting was 3/4 broken around. It looked fine but when mashed the top would bend down away from the transom opening a big gap for water to pour in. So I guess I was lucky in that I found it before it separated in the water.

I think while I have the floor out I am going to build an anchor cradle to hold a 11 pound bruce anchor. I need something to hold the anchor if I hit big waves so it won't move around or come lose. Any ideas? It also needs to be easy to get out and put back.

To seal the wood try a mix called The Old Timer formula. It's a mix of one part Boiled linseed oil, one part Spar varnish or Spar urethane and two parts Mineral spirts.
You can use pink or blue closed cell foam insulating panels to replace the old foam.

Latest posts