Location of a livewell

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spcamno

Reaction score
Quick question for you guy:

If I choose put keep one livewell (currently has two where is the perfect location under the front casting deck or near the stern (Its a 1995 Sylvan 1750 single console like a bass tracker, boat will be convert from SC to tiller for more floor space).

Thanks

Best way to approach is first how stable is the boat while moving on the deck? Where is the fuel tank now? Will it be in the same location? Same with the batteries? Do you primarily fish alone or with a buddy? When it's full will it throw your balance off? Location for conscience of live well can vary from person to person. Just make sure it won't throw your balance off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nick1169 said:
Best way to approach is first how stable is the boat while moving on the deck? Where is the fuel tank now? Will it be in the same location? Same with the batteries? Do you primarily fish alone or with a buddy? When it's full will it throw your balance off? Location for conscience of live well can vary from person to person. Just make sure it won't throw your balance off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good advice!

I should have thought about this before hand.

Gas tank one starting battery will be in the back near the transom I estimated that is about 300 to 350# with me driving the tiller and there will be trolling motor one deep cycle (heavier) and possibly a 15 gallons under the casting deck.

I was worried a little if I put the much weight at the aft of the boat and I think if I choose to keep one livewell I would put it in the front to balance the boat.

Just want to hear some ideas so please keep them coming thanks guys!

Latest posts