2007 Lowe 1852.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Calgaryangler

Reaction score
Howdy folks! Wanted to say that from Lubbock County Texas. Been looking for something easier than my pontoon to fish from, run jugs and trot lines. Last week I bought a 2007 Lowe side console 1852, with a 2007 Mercury 40hp 4 stroke. Older gentleman (88) bought it in 2011 and used it at a local lake 3 times. This suckers clean, not a dent, ding or scratch, just a little sun faded. Anyway, it hadn't been cranked since last spring and had a 1/2 full tank. Wouldn't crank, surprise surprise! Took it to my new boat guy who replaced the fuel pump, changed oil/filter, serviced lower unit and replaced impeller. Purrs like a kitten. Invited my dad (65) to the local lake for a short test run. That thing is all I expected and was cheap. Even came with 3 good batteries, a dual bank charger, Bimini, 2 anchors and everything needed to hit the water. I've begun a few small mods like removing the huge stick steer trolling motor that was mounted dead center of the front deck. Am currently gathering supplies to extend the front deck 18" and some other small things. Have pics on my phone and will attempt to learn how to post them. More to come. I've been reading and eyeing posts and have lots of new ideas thanks to y'all.

It worked. So that last 1 shows the trolling motor. You can see the dual bank charger mounted under the front deck and where the 2 trolling motor batteries are mounted. Here's an overall picture.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    75.1 KB · Views: 1,831
The seats that were included make me feel like I sit way to high, only about 5" higher that the bench, but I'm still thinking of having the wife sew me a big pad, with snaps to secure it to the front edge of the drivers bench. Plan on the 18" front deck extension, with fishing pedestal, and a rear deck with pedestal as well. Whoever riveted on the trolling motor mount had skills, but that monster had to go. After I drill out the rivers and remove it, it's going to the side for a new, smaller foot controlled one that's 12v. That way I can lose a battery and move the remaining trolling motor battery under the front deck extension. Also plan on part of that extension being storage, as there is none.

Sweet boat and it sounds like you got a good deal.

Nice size to fish from. My wife wants me to get a bimini top for mine.

Decided to raise the steering console 6". Took an 8" piece of aluminum and broke it to match up between the right hand side and the console. With a 1" overlap for bolting. The left side of the console just needed 2 new holes and revolting. Now the steering wheels not between my knees.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    61 KB · Views: 1,647
I can't figure out this pic deal. The photos were taken with phone upright, are upright on my phone, but when posted they are turned sideways. Grrrrrr!

Next I'll mount the trolling motor and eliminate 1 battery. Got the sheet cut to enclose the front of the console and start working on a grab rail/windshield frame. Got a new Miller spool gun that I need to start playing with. Front deck extension will wait till the end.

Sorry guys, I have talked to 10-12 IT guys and none can figure out why this forum is tue only 1 that turns my pics.

Latest posts