Tracker PT 190 or PT 195...input please.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JDflats

Reaction score
I'm thinking about getting a Tracker later in the season. I've been reading about the PT 190 and also the PT 195. If anyone has either or have fished out of one I'd appreciate your input. Which model(190 or 195), which motor, speed, stability while standing fishing, etc..
Thank you for any input.

Wow, a one-piece, .100 5052 marine-grade aluminum hull and 7 1/2 foot beam...very impresive.
Please let us know how you make out. This sounds like a very stable aluminum boat.

I'd like real info on this too, I would also like to know likes/dislikes. No denying that they popular, I see allot of them around here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Checked out the 195 at bass pro a couple weeks ago and they are fantastic looking. Tons of casting room front and back. What I liked the most was the rod storage up front. It can fit 12 8' rods. Very impressive vessel.

Speaking of the 190 only, has anyone fished out of one? I believe it has a 89" beam. I'm wondering how stable it is as for as fishing while standing. Right now I have a 2002 Alumacraft which has a 89" beam and the standing fishing stability is so-so. Just wonder if the 190 may be more stable with the difference in the hull. My boat is 17 1/2' so I'm wondering how much more room I'd have up front. I know it would be longer, just wonder about the width, if the 190 tapers the same as my boat.

Have trackers stopped using wood in the decking? I know Ranger had been touting their all-aluminum construction not too long ago.

Went to BPS yesterday and finally got to check out the 190 and 195. I had some measurements from my Alumacraft 175 just to compare. Other than being 12" longer, there wasn't much difference in size compared to my boat. I don't think the stability would be a great improvement unless the hull design itself makes a difference, along with the recessed TM pedal. I know the 190 would be a pretty good increase in speed but I'm more concerned about fishing stability.
Now the 195, it's massive! Where the driver console butts up against the front deck the 190 is over 12" wider. I could lay across it. The boat looked great overall. It would definitely need a TM upgrade though. No way a 12 volt Edge 55 is going to move the boat, not with any kind of wind. Only other thing I don't like is the lack of a trim gauge on the console. The finish of both boats was nice. A big improvement from other aluminums I've seen in the past.
I tried asking a few questions about the boats but the salesman had no knowledge whatsoever. I know more about the whole line of Trackers and Nitros than this guy. I was at the St. Charles store so maybe the personnel is better at other stores. I wasn't "buying" anyhow, just looking at the boats.
Not sure why I posted this, just thought I'd give my 2 cents. That 195 is massive!
The pic is sideways..sorry.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    65.7 KB · Views: 1,136

Latest posts