Want to lower deck on brand new Crestliner 1657 Stick Steer

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

breeves2245

Reaction score
Have a new boat that I just put in the water this weekend. Like a lot about it but one modification I would like to make is to lower the front deck. It is raised 12" from the bottom. It's a panfish style boat. When I was considering new boat layouts, I wanted both seats to sit on the bottom but the models with that layout did not have the width I was looking for or had the livewell in the middle of the boat. My Crestliner Outlook 1657 SS is 78" beam and more importantly, 57" bottom. A similar boat is the Tracker Panfish 16 but is only 48" bottom. Lowe's is wider at 55" but don't like the middle live well, same with the G3. So my choice was a trade off, as most purchases are. Is it realistic to find someone that can cut the .100" aluminum and lower the deck and associated Stick steer and throttle?

Realistic? Probably. But you will be completely voiding your warranty and also losing the strength that the higher decking provides to the bow, a very critical part of your boat.

Thanks for getting me straightened out. Never thought of the structure issue. That and along with the warranty issue, not to mention the cost, it does not make sense to lower the deck. Actually went out this morning on my first fishing trip, last time out was solely to break in the motor. Found out I preferred standing up quite a bit with this new layout. Didn’t care to in a normal bass boat deck but since this is lower in the boat, it feels fine. So much to do about nothing.

Never tried to post a pic. I loaded two pics, just not sure what Place Inline means. FAQ did not address posting a pic.

Attachments

• 000_0004 (Medium).JPG
    000_0004 (Medium).JPG
    62.6 KB · Views: 612
  • 000_0002 (Medium).JPG
    000_0002 (Medium).JPG
    61.8 KB · Views: 612
I learned the net can be placed right between the running light and side to be out of the way. I am buying a cargo net to attach to the side to hold the PFD's. I took out the back seat as I fish alone. So I have the entire floor for whatever.

place inline means like between lines of writing like this

20160521_171026.jpg

place your cursor where you want then add the pic, its nice if you want to make some comments about the pic

the boat looks great, I had a Crestliner once, it was a great bot

You got yourself a great fishing boat. The open space, side lockers, and stick steering will make your boat fun to fish out of and easy to run. You did real well in my opinion.

Latest posts