Where's the HIN located on Sea Nymphs?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stringersize

Reaction score
I just bought a new (to me) boat and am having trouble locating the serial number (HIN) for insurance/registration. I can find the capacity plate no problem but nothing else... it's a Sea Nymph FM-164 and I'm told it was made in 1986. Any ideas where specifically to look? I do know it was converted from a tiller to a console early in it's life so it's possible the plate has been covered or removed but I want to be certain before dealing with the hassles of the insurance company!

Attachments

• 20160525_215116.jpg
    20160525_215116.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 1,801
I have an '83 Sea Nymph, my serial number plate was on the outside of the transom, near the top but I don't remember off the top of my head which side.

Starboard side ... if there ...

On some hulls with consoles and other superstructure added, the manufacturer sometimes places a 2nd HIN for identification/security purposes. Perhaps a call to a local dealer might help you in this regard.

Example, on my 1997 Starcraft, while working up underneath the small helm dash panel, I found a 2nd HIN stamped into a piece of aluminum that was pop-riveted to the inside of the helm unit.

Attachments

• Boat HIN.jpg
    Boat HIN.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 1,702
stringersize said:
Thanks, I found it! No clue how I managed to overlook that!

Im in a similar jam. I have a 1974 Sea Nymph. The primary HIN# is painted. Where did you locate your second location?