16' monark $1700

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Givey1982

Reaction score
I am looking for my first boat and found this for $1700.00. I don't know yet what year it is. Motor turns but no spark. I know I will likely need to redo all flooring and electrical but I have been looking at new Lowe 14' boats and they are $1500 with no trailer. Does anyone know negatives on this brand/model of boat?

All feedback is appreciated

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    73.2 KB · Views: 687
Well it has a Mercury on it and I have never seen one run yet even when they are new. A fellow was launching a brand new rig and we decided to race. After the boat got wet in the water, the motor just turned over and he put it back on the trailer. I like the steering wheel location. It looks like it has been used hard so I would expect an awful lot of work. All those little items add up faster than one or two big ones. Check everything up close before you drop a dime.

Al U Minium said:
Well it has a Mercury on it and I have never seen one run yet even when they are new. A fellow was launching a brand new rig and we decided to race. After the boat got wet in the water, the motor just turned over and he put it back on the trailer. I like the steering wheel location. It looks like it has been used hard so I would expect an awful lot of work. All those little items add up faster than one or two big ones. Check everything up close before you drop a dime.

Thanks a lot. I agree that all of those little items can add up

Fire1386 said:
Lot of money for the condition it is in.....my 2 pennies.....:)
My thoughts exactly. Wouldn't bother me that the motor isn't running if the price reflected that. That is way more money than that setup in that condition would bring in my area.

The trailer looks like a frankenstein and the motor is basically junk, so in my mind the price should be no more than what you would pay for the hull alone.

Latest posts