Finally installed my Nautolex flooring

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JL8Jeff

Reaction score
I bought the flooring last year but never used the boat when it was extremely hot and sunny so I didn't get around to installing it. Last week we had multiple 90 degree days and I couldn't walk around the boat barefoot so I decided to install the flooring. I bought 4 yards plus the glue when Defender had their yearly sale last year. It's a bit of a back breaker being hunched over and brushing on the glue in somewhat small sections. I wanted to keep the front section all 1 piece to minimize the water that could get below deck but obviously had to cut around the hatch opening. It took about 4 days because I already have a bad back so I took my time and plenty of breaks between sections. I'm pretty happy with it, but the real test will be how well it holds up to being out in the sun every day at the dock for the next 5 months.

-

Attachments

• lowe_floor3.jpg
    lowe_floor3.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 1,135
  • lowe_floor2.jpg
    lowe_floor2.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 1,135
  • lowe_floor1.jpg
    lowe_floor1.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 1,135
real nice job there

I got some samples of Marideck from Defender before I bought the Nautolex. The Marideck was a bit nicer but at the time the Nautolex was much more affordable for me

I love the stuff. I am surprised how easy it was to work with compared to carpet.

beagler1 said:
This stuffs cool! It sticks right to the aluminum?

Oops, it was the Nautolex flooring not the Marideck. I think the total for the flooring and contact cement shipped was around $109 when they had their yearly sale.

You have to use glue/contact cement but yes, it's glued right to the aluminum. I'll see how the glue/cement holds up in the sun. It turned out the material I bought wasn't cut nice and straight so when I measured off the first section, it wasn't square and that messed me up a bit. I didn't want carpet since my boat sits at the dock out in the elements for 6-7 months a year.

Latest posts