1980's Bass Tracker

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Soc11Lee

Reaction score
Hello guys first time poster...I have a 1984 Bass Tracker 2 and it is in need of a facelift (new deck new paint etc.) I am hoping some people on here with 80s Bass Trackers can post pictures to give me some ideas to modifications. With the Bass Tracker 2 it doesn't have a rear casting deck which I know I am going to install... THANKS in advanced

I have done alot so far.. I still have to pull all the wood out and finish stripping everything and sanding. Then paint, carpet, Fish... I was hoping for people with experience to chime in on some do's and don'ts

Attachments

• 20160320_163201.jpg
    20160320_163201.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 582
  • 20160320_152616.jpg
    20160320_152616.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 582
  • 20160607_190359.jpg
    20160607_190359.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 582
One lesson I learned is when its dragging, you are miserable and just can't figure something out or what to do say screw it. There's always something else needing attention elsewhere on the boat, something less complicated. GO DO THAT. You will feel like you actually are getting something done. Then later or the next day you come back to it and things just seem to fall into place. Oh I did that more than a couple times believe me. It sounds stupid but somehow helps.

All kinds of rebuilds of BT boats in the jon and vboat modifications section of the forums here......also lots of rebuilds of other styles boats that may give you some ideas for your own.....:)

driz said:
One lesson I learned is when its dragging, you are miserable and just can't figure something out or what to do say screw it. There's always something else needing attention elsewhere on the boat, something less complicated. GO DO THAT. You will feel like you actually are getting something done. Then later or the next day you come back to it and things just seem to fall into place. Oh I did that more than a couple times believe me. It sounds stupid but somehow helps.

Yeah I've been all over the place non stop here lately..Whatever time and weather will allow...