Polyurea

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

riverrat717

Reaction score
Anyone have any first hand experience with it? I've seen the vids on youtube, and just wondering how well it would hold up. I see it's now an option on new G3's as well. Seriously considering getting my boat sprayed with it. Opinions welcomed!

It was kind of a surprise to see someone thinking about using this on their skiff. just a few things about it. it needs to be heated and stay heated all the way through the hose and gun to something like 150 degrees or more and the company that sprayed it for us said for proper coverage it gets sprayed at something like 2000 psi.

Feel free to correct me if I am wrong!

They're quoting a price tag for a quote for a 12' row boat costing $1000-$1350. Seems like a pricey option for a tin boat and from what I'm reading on the link, it evidently doesn't come with any sort of warranty on the product.
Tyler Pyles: What kind of a warranty does it come with?
Premium Protective Coatings, LLC: We provide a workmanship warranty. Coating will be applied correctly, at correct thickness, with correct adhesion.
Doesn't give a warm fuzzy feeling about the product durability does it.

Edit: The more I look at this, it appears that this is basically a commercial grade or at least a professional application grade of Rhino Liner.

I would also question how much weight it adds to a boat, and whether the weight could hinder the boat's intended purpose. The reason for questioning it is because of a friend who had his 1432 rhino lined. He just puts into the back of the truck, goes to the lake, and launches out of the truck. No motor, just sculling. The boat weighs, at least it feels like, an extra 100 lbs. It was already awkward to launch and recover by himself, now even worse. But it's tough, and it looks decent.

OK, every time I've seen someone talk about putting rhino liner on a boat, this has crossed my mind so I'll just ask. All the rhino liner I've seen is about as smooth as 40 grit sand paper. And boat maketd have gone to the of trouble and expense to reduce drag with things like lowering the profile of the rivet heads, or even eliminating the rivets. So what sort of affect does rhino liner have on a boat with the drag created by it's rougher texture? How much speed does it take off the top end and how much more difficult is it to get on plane?

IMG950150_zpsidv8igl5.jpg

Ready for media blasting