Recessed Trolling motor Tray on a JON?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

C_Heath

Reaction score
Never seen one on anything smaller than a 16 footer. Waste of floor space or no? I know the cool factor will be 1000.

I don't have one because I'm always moving the foot control around the deck depending on how I'm fishing. But I don't see how it would waist floor space anymore than the controls sitting on top of the deck. If anything, it should give the perception of more floor space since the controls will be recessed and you won't have to step over it as much if it were sitting right on the deck.

Here is a good place to get one if you do. I got all my hatches and hatch frames custom made by them. Excellent work!!

https://www.fishonfabrications.com/store/p2/Recessed_Trolling_Motor_Pedal_Tray.html

I installed one in my Lowe 1440. Best thing I ever did! For real. I recently sold the boat and plan on installing one on my new boat. I had the local air conditioning/duct work shop fab it up out of 1/16 aluminum. I think they charged me around $40-$50. Well worth it for me as I needed a smaller size not only to fit between my storage lids, but, I also wanted my foot control to have a "custom" fit kind of look.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    49 KB · Views: 644
I had one on my last boat but this one I just attached the control to the deck. Works fine for me.

Latest posts