Second hand scores.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vwguru714

Reaction score
After replying to richs battery charger post in the electrical section i realized how many parts and accesories I've added to my tin that are second hand.
All of it in fine working order and saved me a ton of money.
I'll list mine and I would like others to do the same.
Guest 10 amp dual bank charger, from a guy at work who upgraded to a 3 bank. $50.00 2 years old.
Bass pro transom mounted 45 thrust trolling motor, 4 years old still new in box $75.00 from a guy on craigslist.
Riptide bow mount bracket $50.00 from another craigslister. Flipped my TM head and installed on bowmount. BOOM works like a champ
Garmin 541s 1 year old from another co worker who upgraded. $100.00 with blu chart. And as a bonus I have the coordinates for all of his honey holes in charlotte harbor.
This tinny is my first boat, I got her from a snowbird at the end of season 3 years ago. He was meticulous with maintenance and care. My original idea was to use this boat to learn and teach my sons about operation and seamanship and then upgrade to a "real" boat. Well we love this thing so much the plan had to change. Next year I will get a new runabout or pontoon but the Crestliner ain't going nowhere. And the best part? My wife agrees. She said," Keep your little boat for flats fishing and playing in the canals. The big boat can be for family outings." Sounds good to me.
So show me your second hand stuff, things that are good enough for tinnies but outdated for "real" boats.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Everything on my boat is second hand. Even the boat and trailer...

I wheel and deal a lot so It would be very hard to narrow it down for me.

Bought the boat motor and trailer
Sold motor
trailer for sale currently
Removed all electrical

Bought used trailer
Center console
Used Mercury 25
used Minn kota motor.
the list goes on and on.

richg99 said:
Only bought one new boat, out of 25 plus boats, ranging from 9-foot kayaks to 27-foot sailboats!

Does that count?

richg99
25 boats? Sir, you may have an addiction. Probably uncurable I'm afraid. Never heard of a 12 step program for that.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Boat, motor, trailer, truck, house, dog and wife are all second hand. I'll never get anything new :(

Stumpalump said:
Boat, motor, trailer, truck, house, dog and wife are all second hand. I'll never get anything new :(
You sir...... I can't quite laughing!

Everything on my boat is used minus my lowrance units and registration stickers.

Stumpalump said:

:lol: :lol: :lol: Good one!

I buy a lot of used stuff that has served me well for years.
On Fri. I picked up my newest "used" item, a 2014 40/30 Yamaha tiller jet! :), now I'm thinking about putting it on a different boat than I have #-o :lol: !

Latest posts