Finally got my dad back on teh water.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gunz

Reaction score
His dad passed away and the boat sat for about 15 years without use. Now dad (72) wants to fish it again. I decided the old 18 seahorse was not a keeper since it was way to hard to pull start. I picked up a Honda 9.9 4 stroke for him and we took it out yesterday. Just enough power for him and easy to pull start. Was a great day.

Attachments

• 20160613_133509.jpg
    20160613_133509.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 773
The boat is a 1959 Larson 15. Pretty darn stable , I was impressed with it. The motor ran great and we caught some crappie and oddly enough I caught a channel cat of a spinner bait at the top of the water.. Either way a great memory that cant be replaced.

Attachments

• 20160613_144442.jpg
    20160613_144442.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 759
Sorry for the upside down pic. I don't know how to fix it.

Be safe on the water everyone.

gunz said:

You will have to save the photo on a computer, rotate it with picture viewer then save it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

doug.davidson.86 said:
gunz said:

You will have to save the photo on a computer, rotate it with picture viewer then save it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its correct when I saved it on my computer... Sorry I am a good mechanic, but not worth a darn with technology.

The smile on his face when he caught his first fish yesterday was priceless. He gets a tough rap from some family that he is unable to do such things simple due to his age. He is active and works hard , Currently building a new house by himself. .I refused to take his joy yesterday. its HIS boat, He is the Captain. I was just first mate. He made the calls and ran the boat. All I did was take it off the trailer. Everything else was on him. He seemed to really enjoy the day and riding in has dads old boat had a sentimental affect on him. He told stories of fishing with his dad when we were stopped fishing.

All in all I would pay that price every time I could to make him that happy again.

There's nothing better than taking my dad fishin and hearing
stories about him and grandpa fishing in the old days.
Fathers day we have a guy only fishin trip. My brothers and nephews
all get together and fish all day then have a cookout at my brother's place.
My daughters will spend the day there playing in the pool.

Steve A W

Thanks for sharing.
My Dad, now 83 still enjoys fishing.
My son and I went to visit him Memorial day week.
We enjoyed a couple days on the water together.
During that time, we made some new memories and
my Dad shared stories about the family I never heard before.

jasper

Latest posts