13.5 flat botton jon mod for catfishing

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

catfishassassin

Reaction score
hello all. I am new to this site seen it on youtube while watching some vids. I am getting into catfishing again and looking to do some mods to my jon boat. this is my first boat I have ever owned and im turning 30 so pretty excited about it. I am looking for some ideas that would be best to do to my boat in mods for catfishing. I have seen many people do mods for bass fishing but really aint to much into bass fishing. any ideas what would be the best mods to do for catfishing. 8)

Attachments

• IMG_20160610_130704.jpg
    IMG_20160610_130704.jpg
    139.8 KB · Views: 626
Keep it simple
Catfishing aint clean fishing. Don't install any carpet. Way to hard to keep carpet clean. Get some good quality rod holders. Cats bite best at night so navigation lights and interior lights are needed. Aside from that anything else is personal preference. I used and still currently use a humminbird fishinbuddy sonar. Easy to use with no worries on maintenence. it's far from top quality it finds my deep pools in the Ohio river. Everything on my mirrocraft is small battery operated aside from a trolling motor that I don't take with me all the time.

Cool thanks. How much does the sonar run that's what I plan on getting next week and was wondering about what to get. Just something simple to see shad, cats, and depth.

They vary is price depending on features. The best is the down imaging model. Cats hug the bottem mixed in with log jams and boulders. You won't see fish. Use it to find structure cats like.