17' sea king by smoker craft?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Colorado1135

Reaction score
I'm looking to buy a tinny that I was told is a 17' sea king by smoker craft. I can't find any info about it though. I included a photo below but I'm curious if anyone has any information on this? motor size it can handle? is his description accurate? seems like a good boat but its 100 miles away so I'd like to look into it a little more before I make the trip.
TIA

Sea King is Montgomery-Wards brand of boats, motors, and trailers. I don't believe that Sea King manufactured anything directly, but rather had their products built by other major manufacturers, which probably included Smoker Craft. Searching on the internet should turn up more information on your particular boat, but it looks good from here (behind my keyboard, thousands of miles away, where I know I won't be doing any work on it).

enginerd said:
Sea King is Montgomery-Wards brand of boats, motors, and trailers. I don't believe that Sea King manufactured anything directly, but rather had their products built by other major manufacturers, which probably included Smoker Craft. Searching on the internet should turn up more information on your particular boat, but it looks good from here (behind my keyboard, thousands of miles away, where I know I won't be doing any work on it).
I don't think it's a Wards Sea King brand boat but rather the sea king model manufactured by Smoker Craft.

I'm going to look at it tomorrow, I guess $500 is worth the gamble anyway.
I'm guessing this isn't a common boat out there

The last of the Wards Sea King Boats were branded "By Smoker Craft" as that was who manufactured them.... Not sure why they hid the manufacturers all those years then all of a sudden put it on there but this is a late Montgomery Wards Boat.

Latest posts