Colors and Temps

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ocbinva

Reaction score
Well for past few years I been fishing quite often out of my buddies 28 foot cuddy for deep water. Everything in it is off white. Now I have a 16 Ft Tracker. It will be used to fish the brackish water around my place and fresh water so I will be catching everything from Specks, Flounder and Drum to Bass and Perch. My boat has a 1/2' white composite floor but it is so white it hurts my eyes to be in it and in the summer on the Chesapeake it is always sunny. I am still debating between tuff coat or vinyl but my question is the colors. I was thinking about tan or grey floor. Anyone have good or bad experiences? I am also installing seats with the same concern. I just want to avoid the burn but still take the edge off the brightness. Thanks.

Sorry...I should have included a picture. The pic does not do the brightness justice.
4f204bb3e8745351b30d913cbeafa7f9.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Material makes more of a difference than color. But, color definitely still makes a big difference. Vinyl gets slick when it gets blood and slime on it. As long as you keep the color light, you'll be fine.

Check out fish freaks build he painted the top half of his boat a Sonoma earth tone grey and took the temps w a heat gun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've got the tan Tuff Coat on my 14' and it's great. No blinding glare like you're getting with the white and as reflective as you can hope for with the summer sun.

Latest posts