delete

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First you should stop drill the ends of the cracks so they don't get worse. Then you need to look at the condition of the wood in the transom it probably needs to be replaced. Then have the cracks mig or tig welded.

Where is that first crack at? And the cracks on the sides in the back should be that big of a deal. I'm guessing just from flexing. Make sure if your take out any benches to add more support otherwise you might make them worse. And send pics of the whole boat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would have it welded personally HOWEVER....if you wanted to test it.... I would also drill the very tip of the crack with a 1/4" drill bit. this will prevent it from growing. then I would seal the crack with silicone or 5200.... THE REASON would be to see if it does indeed flex under the forces of towing or running the boat... the sealant cracks, youve got a bigger issue than if it doesn't.

If you're planning on having it welded I wouldn't put any sealer/silicone ANYWHERE as it will be really tough to get it cleaned out to weld. welding aluminum is really tough if its not clean metal .

Latest posts