Trolling motor platform and mount on the front of a Tin

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gunz

Reaction score
I believe I saw it here on this forum somewhere, It was a vee hull boat (older I think) and the guy had made a platform with a transom mount style troll motor with the handle facing back.

hard to explain it. I trid telling my dad as he clips the motor on the die of the boat and it doesn't hold very well. If anyone can decipher my rambling and had an idea pleas point me to the thread with this boat in it. Thanks

Not my pics but just Google it and at least something to thought about.

Attachments

• $_1.JPG
    $_1.JPG
    22.8 KB · Views: 1,747
  • s731125377394031289_p1_i2_w1024.jpeg
    s731125377394031289_p1_i2_w1024.jpeg
    56.3 KB · Views: 1,747
  • WP_20140315_003.jpg
    WP_20140315_003.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 1,747
  • TrollingMotorMount (1).jpg
    TrollingMotorMount (1).jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 1,747
Thanks everyone , but dads boat is 1959 Larson. Old school riveted semi vee.

I should warn you all, I am NOT a computer person.. This is all I could come up with.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    126.9 KB · Views: 1,678
Guess I am not sure what the problem is.

Most transom mount TM's can have their head reversed. Nothing more than a screwdriver will normally do it.

As shown by the images posted above, all you really need is a big 'L" bracket made up to fit whatever boat that you are trying to use it on.

I don't know what the bow area of the boat in question looks like ( a picture would help) but you may have to raise the front deck to be on level with the gunnel. I've done that before with some 2x6's. I also just sent an aluminum trolling mount to one of our guys on here since I no longer needed it.

More info, more answers.. richg99

did this one on my fiberglass 2x4 and shelf backets from walmart that are reinforced cost me 8$

Exactly!

That looks so good that I think that you copied my design on my old Carolina Skiff. I had to use Galvanized L brackets since I fished salt much of the time. richg99

actually i was thinking bout making it all out of wood while i was at wally world buying rod holders i stopped in the hardware section and thought **** this would be perfect! even drilled a hole for my stick anchor

It'll certainly be sturdier if you put a wooden cap in the area you marked blue in your drawing. That'll give you a solid foundation to attach another block at the water's edge to & support it with some aluminum angle braces from the hardware store.

I just wanted to find the person that already made one so I could send the pic to my dad. I tried explaining it over the phone but it was lost in translation.

Was a aluminum vee with a small deck (not for standing on) made at the front specifically for the troll motor vertical mount. I thought it was very clean and neat and would fit his needs.

Latest posts