Trolling motor mounting

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skipper123

Reaction score
Im going to be mounting a bow mount Minn Kota terrova 80 lb thrust trolling motor on the front of a new 1648MVX Grizzly john boat. Does any one have a mounting bracket made for one of these boats or know where to buy one ? Looks like it should just be a flat alu plate that would fasten to the side and front of the boat. I dont want it in the center I dont think ? Maybe just a flat home made plate would work. Tracker says trolling motor mount is built in but you would have to mount the motor side ways and the head of the motor would hang over the side of the boat and catch the first cypress tree I run close to. Looks like it would be better mounted front to back inline with the side of the boat.

Here is a picture of the front of my 1852 flat bottom jet. I don't always fish and wanted a quick attach trolling motor. In the summer the family just goes to the river and plays/swims. The boat places here in southern Missouri can fabricate a boat however you want. They used tread plate to match my boat. I have a min Kota edge and I had to buy the min Kota plate which I believe fits other models, I think there are 3 different quick attach plates from the factory, (min Kota) maybe more to fit all their trolling motors. The wiring and plug is in the bracket that the boat place fabricated. Un plug, the harness, take off the keeper pull the pin and it's off. Hope this has helped.
6ef2d7542e5dc9025358b13fd6baaf41.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here is a pic with the trolling motor on.
d51dfd9a39282502578593cb95ce3228.png

looks good on your boat. just the right size. those type of trolling motors look to big on my 14 footer. i need all the space i can get

Thank you and I hear you on saving all the room you can. Space is valuable!!!!!

Dang I got lucky the Grizzly has a wide bow front plate to mount the trolling motor and panels with rivits to remove to access the nuts and wiring now thats cool.

Latest posts