New Boat Needs A Identity! Hull ID Request

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shesabugger

Reaction score
I picked this boat up a few months ago.

Nice lines and deep sides. 60" at widest & 48" at the beam. 20" sides.

It is 14' in length and has no identification marks.

Paint has a crinkle texture.

I want to start a restoration which will include a plank floor and some new paint and wood details.

If anyone has any information about this beauty it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

maz8fr.jpg

2jfxjb.jpg

kcb3g2.jpg

2l91mjm.jpg

2z82mxj.jpg

It has been difficult tracking down information about this boat.

I think the detail at the stern will be the key to id this boat. I have looked at 100s of photos trying to find a match.

Looks like it did have a windscreen at some point.

Take your pictures and head over to the antique outboard site. They have tons of aluminum boats they run and am sure they can identify it.
I like the fact that you are going to restore and not change the boat. That is one very cool hull.
https://www.aomci.org is the site you want to go to then ask your question in the "Ask a member" section.

This one has people stumped on a few forums.

I have even have been looking through old catalogues.

I don't know where you are (where are you?) but some States require a HIN number, unless the boat was built prior to 1972. In pre-1972 cases, they will require an inspection by Parks and Wildlife. I wouldn't put much money into it until you find out your State's requirements for an undocumented boat.

Politically speaking, it is easier to be an undocumented person.... than to be an undocumented boat.... in some places.

richg99

It's all good.

Iam in BC Canada. I have checked all regs. If I keep the engine choice to a 9.9 max HP then I don't need any documents.

However. I would Mike to run a 25/20 jet setup on it in the future so a ID would help with Registeration. Even though I don't really need, just makes it easier.

I will search the Sears catalog. Thanks.

Hmmmm....

I searched thru as many Sears catalogs I could find and still no match for this Hull.

I apologize if this is annoying.....but back to the top. :oops:

Part of the reason why we all pick up these old boats is to find some history , nostalgia etc.

Isn't it ? That's why I do anyway. Or else just go get a "cookie cutter " modern boat.

I do need paper work if I want a jet outboard ( which I do ) so that's why.

They said it looks like a Arkansas Traveler...however that was also a dead end.

Everyone has been great on helping me out. Just want to say that.

I never got a response from contacting the owners of boats like mine selling on the web abroad.

So the search continues. 8)