New 1988 Gregor U123

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MarcellS

Reaction score
I just came across a new old Gregor u123. My buddy wants to give it up for FREE. He can't find his paperwork, to transfer title. How can we make this happen?

What state are you in? Laws vary by state on vehicle titling, but all should have some recourse for getting a lost title replaced. Check with your state's DMV about lost titles and they should be able to give you some guidance. If it's Colorado, or some other states, a title is not required for watercraft.

Put you location on your profile.
If your in Illinois the DNR can help.

lckstckn2smknbrls said:
Pappy said:
What?.....You guys can't read minds yet?
Just havin' a little fun here!
Carnac the magnificent says...
West coast.
Lordy, Johnny Carson was amazing! Sorry for the hi-jack!

welcome to the board
yep a west coster probaly a better then 50% chance hes from cali :?: if so need to fill out one of these https://www.dmv.ca.gov/portal/wcm/connect/7885d40d-4d2e-4fc0-b100-3ef8fe562bd7/reg227.pdf?MOD=AJPERES

but ya get your profi filled out,,, sure is nice to 1st names and location

My apologies guys. New to the forum, and was offline for awhile. I'm in SoCal, San Diego to be exact. So, come to find out, my buddy was gifted the boat and never transferred ownership. And turns out, the previous registered owner, was deceased. Not that I don't trust my buddy, but I may not trust my buddy's. Lol. Any way to search the HIN or CF #?

Not thoroughly familiar with California, but in Colorado the State Parks and Wildlife will do a check on the registration number and the HIN free of charge, or at least they have when I brought them in to the local ranger station. I would suggest contacting the California Parks Division of Boating and Waterways, probably Law Enforcement, and see if they could help (https://www.dbw.ca.gov/ContactUs.aspx).

Alternately, you can use an online history reporting service, which in theory should turn up any previous theft reports. I've never used this service, but here's a link (https://boathistoryreport.com/).

This apparently is pretty common. DMV website outlines steps to take for current owner to get a replacement title. Someone may have to pay outstanding registration fees, if applicable. I only know this because I did some (emphasis on "some") research because of the many "no paperwork" posts on craigslist.

Well, the title search website is $39.99 per search. Called AAA, they were able to pull info from CF # and this one will be a no go. Had to let my buddy know, to come pick it up. There is no connection between him and the registered owners. Boat does not come up stolen though. Oh well, some things are too good to be true. Thanks for the info gentlemen.

Too bad this didn't work out for you. Thanks for mentioning AAA. I always forget that they offer DMV type services. I suspect it is much better to go through them than deal with the DMV.

Latest posts