Looking 'up' ... from the water anyway ....

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaleH

TinBoats Supporter
Reaction score
Temps almost hit 100 here today, so I took the girls to the beach. Water temps (saltwater, Ipswich Bay) were a balmy 76, which is pretty good for the ocean-side beaches. I didn't get out of the water ALL day! So I took these photos with my smart phone (in an alleged water-proof case [to 3']) with my head just above the water ...

FYI, I used my 'gauge stick' to stick my tank before runs ... I averaged 4.9mpg overall and recorded 5.6 MPG while running at 4,400 RPMs, with the outgoing tide and and 4.5 MPG at 5,000 RPMs with about 3/4-mile of a 5mph headway zone thrown in.

Not too bad ...

Attachments

• Beached 14Aug16-02b.jpg
    Beached 14Aug16-02b.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 864
  • Beached 14Aug16-01b.jpg
    Beached 14Aug16-01b.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 864
76 degrees. Ha! our water temperatures here in Eastern TN are the mid to high 80's.

I just wish the temperatures would start heading down. They say it will happen soon. Glad you had a great day. richg99

Here in middle TN on JPP Lake, water temp was 93 near my usual camping/swimming spot and 90 in the channels.

Fished a local lake about a month ago. Water temp was 96 and air temp was right at 100! I love Texas but sometime it's just too hot to fish

Like the boat! Looks like a nice rig.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok it's warm water time 'bout everywhere. Time to get a thread started - from the water shots. Really like the perspective. You're getting great NPG, what hp?

ProduceMan said:
You're getting great MPG, what hp?
60hp - that the hull is rated for - gives me power/speed/torque when I need it ... and outstanding fuel economy when I don't. Cruised 16-miles yesterday afternoon as measured by the GPS trip odometer, some 5mph/headway speed only areas, and then just leisurely cruising around 2 4,000 RPMs or less. Burned 2-gallons or less ...

Latest posts