Wetlander vs. Steelflex

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sconnie12

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I've followed a lot of builds on this site, and am doing a small restoration of a 14' Alumacraft right now. I do not plan to do anything too advanced with my project, but I do want to paint the boat.

I'd like to paint above the water line blue, and below the water line a gray coating (either steelflex or wetlander). There are no leaks, but there is Marine adhesive in some places on the bottom.

The boat is from the 70's and has never been painted, so it will not be difficult to rough it up and wipe with acetone to get ready for painting. The main thing that I have not been able to decide is what to coat the bottom of the boat with? If I ever hit a rock it will be by accident, but I do want it to be durable, and I've seen mixed reviews of Steelflex. Wetlander looks to have lots of great reviews and it looks like it might be a little easier to work with.

Just curious for some input and personal experience on which might be a better option for coating the bottom of a boat with.

Thanks!
-Brian

I plan on using wetlander for my duck boat build. I like the ease of application. Customer service for wetlander is awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts