Night fishing guys and gals...a Net idea....

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

richg99

Reaction score
Last night I fished in what was probably the fifth or sixth night tournament in my entire 65+ year career chasing bass (or whatever swims).

A time or two ago, after it got VERY dark, neither my boat-mate nor myself did a good job at netting. Simple fact was that we couldn't see the net over the side of the boat to properly position it to snag the fish.

I decided that there had to be a better way.

I bought a couple of those "glow sticks" for a buck or two. I wired one of them on the OUTSIDE of the net, near the bottom. My theory was, that with that thing glowing, we could better position the net.

IT WORKED!

Just FYI. richg99

Attachments

• IMG_20160823_102221 reduced.jpg
    IMG_20160823_102221 reduced.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 864
I shouldn't be surprised by now.. but somebody beat me to my idea...

https://www.google.com/patents/US6908216

We just zip tie a light to the net shaft... You should think about marketing that... a glowing LED net would be easy to design... and perfect for landing at night.

technology is out there... but nobody has it on the market for fishermen.
HTB17sr0GXXXXXaEXpXXq6xXFXXXU.jpg

Shaugh said:
I shouldn't be surprised by now.. but somebody beat me to my idea...

https://www.google.com/patents/US6908216
Did you see where it said "Fee Status - Lapsed"?

That means they couldn't sell the idea and make a buck on it ... as you and I can simply take a cheap flashlight and tape it to the net handle ..

They do sell them in China... but I agree not much of an idea..
led%20landing%20net%20instruction.jpg

The LED net is a winner though... If somebody did the development on it.. The softly glowing net would silhouette the fish nicely...

A simplified idea would be to just put the LEDS around the rim of the net :

Kits_Bballandrim_LED-2.jpg

this would make a nice target for the person reeling it in....

overboard said:
I fish almost exclusively ay night for walleyes; a headlamp is your friend!
I came in here to say the same thing. I never fish at night without a headlamp. I always keep one on the boat.

Latest posts